Just purchased an Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13, waiting for it to be delivered this Friday at Appomatox River Company. Can't wait to get out on the water with it. With no boat, I feel like I'm really hindered as to what and when I can fish in Richmond.

Posted Sun May 10, 2009 2:30 pm

I've been thinking about one, if for nothing else the exercise. However, at nearly 400 pounds I just get the vision of an upside down pyramid. Maybe one of those float pontoons will be more my speed.

Posted Thu May 28, 2009 8:02 pm

bigjim

I've been thinking about one, if for nothing else the exercise. However, at nearly 400 pounds I just get the vision of an upside down pyramid. Maybe one of those float pontoons will be more my speed.

Several of the major kayak manufacturers make kayaks for larger paddlers. Ocean Kayak has a yak named the Prowler Big Game that has a max capacity of 550 to 600 pounds and it actually only weighs 9 more pounds than my Prowler Trident. That's enough capacity for yourself and PLENTY of tackle and even some room to keep a Striper or two like in your picture! Smile

Posted Thu May 28, 2009 9:49 pm

I thought I replied earlier so if two show up I apologize.

I have seen kayaks that supposedly can hold me. I'm just afraid that if I end up in the water I'd never be able to lift my 400 pound self back into the thing.

Posted Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 pm

VA Fish Finder

Social Links